[Interest] Is here memory leaks?

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 23:40:10 CEST 2015

> Am 08.10.2015 um 22:21 schrieb Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:
> .... Leaks-because-of-exit don't
> count, except for pedantism.

Sorry to be pedantic one here, but leaks mean that d'tors are not called, even when at process exit memory is reclaimed by the OS. And not calling a d'tor could imply that not just memory is leaked, but other resources, too. E.g. file locks could remain in place (even though I think most/all OSs also reclaim open file descriptors, but not sure...), network connections could be terminated "unexpectedly", transactions could remain open etc.

Not saying that this is the case with Qt objects, but I am the pedantic one who deletes (tries to ;)) every single object that got allocated in my code at program exit...

Cheers,
  Oliver