[Interest] Whats the difference between compiling with /MD and /MT?

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Thu Oct 8 23:51:58 CEST 2015

Thiago,

Thanks for your reply.

You have just confirmed me what I have understood from my readings on the MSDN documentation. Question:

When the -static flag is passed to configure what configure does? Because from the compile output I can see the /MD flag even when compiled statically.

I have manually edited the msvc-desktop.conf and changed from MD to MT. Will this make Qt completely independent of the runtime dynamic lib? What are the implications of doing this?

Thanks,

Regards,

Nuno