[Interest] QT3d Dynamic Mesh

Jeremy jswigart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 00:30:08 CEST 2015

I want to use Qt3d in a situation that involves dynamic runtime changes of
geometric data on the application side.

What is the best way to dynamically change a mesh for an entity?

I'd rather do all this on the C++ side, but QMesh doesn't seem to provide
an API for changing the mesh data.

I looked at some other examples of making a custom QAbstractMesh class and
QAbstractMeshFunctor. It looks like I could possibly make a custom mesh
type to do what I need but I have a question. If I keep a reference to the
QMeshDataPtr that I make from the functor, can I simply modify the mesh
data whenever I want and the entities that reference it will update
automatically?

Thanks
Jeremy