[Interest] Odd new-style connect()/disconnect() error with Qt 5.5.0

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 14 20:26:34 CEST 2015

On 10/14/2015 12:04 PM, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> I believe it is because QAbstractSocket::error is an overloaded
> function, so it is ambiguous in your connect/disconnect calls. It
> needs to be statically casted :/ See e.g:
>
>     https://wiki.qt.io/New_Signal_Slot_Syntax#Overload

Ah, that would be the problem, I guess.  Thanks, Elvis.  :)

That would also explain why the old-style connects work.I can go back to that
for this particular case.  Assuming this is addressable, does anybody know if
there are there plans to correct this new-style issue in a future release, or
should I just plan on using old-style connects in these instances?