[Interest] Odd new-style connect()/disconnect() error with Qt 5.5.0

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 20:37:35 CEST 2015

> On 10/14/2015 12:04 PM, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
>>
>> I believe it is because QAbstractSocket::error is an overloaded
>> function, so it is ambiguous in your connect/disconnect calls. It
>> needs to be statically casted :/ See e.g:
>>
>>     https://wiki.qt.io/New_Signal_Slot_Syntax#Overload
>>

> Ah, that would be the problem, I guess.  Thanks, Elvis.  :)
>
> That would also explain why the old-style connects work.I can go back to
> that for this particular case.  Assuming this is addressable, does anybody
> know if there are there plans to correct this new-style issue in a future
> release, or should I just plan on using old-style connects in these
> instances?

I don't think there will be any way around the casts in the future.
You have to disambiguate somehow.

What you can do is try to avoid having overloaded signals/slots in
your own code. I think when these overloaded signals/slots in Qt were
written, taking pointers to them like this wasn't considered as a use
case.

Elvis