[Interest] Qt 5.5 DEB (or other install package) for Ubuntu 14.04 out there?

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Thu Oct 15 22:33:31 CEST 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:23 PM, Jason Kretzer <Jason at gocodigo.com> wrote:

> Am I reading your response correctly?
>
> 1) I can install the Qt 5.5 Dev libs directly onto a machine to which I
> want to deploy the app

Technically, you will not be "installing" anything. You will be copying
some files, which happen to be the Qt library files, to some system

> 2) I can create a DEB of the app that will point at those dev libs instead
> of looking for the standard location? (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu  I think)

Yup

In fact this turns out to be quite easy if you use CMake as the build
system, CPack to generate the Debian packages with the binaries and the
BundleUtilities.cmake module to get all the binaries and prerequisites
together.

https://cmake.org/Wiki/BundleUtilitiesExample

(it uses GetPrerequisites.cmake internally)

> Is that correct?
>
> If that is not correct, is the above possible?
>
> -Jason

Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org