[Interest] MSVC 2015, configure 64 bit, missing 'arch.exe'

Philippe philwave at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 12:47:01 CEST 2015

After 6 hours on the case, I found a solution, but it's a hack... maybe it can be be useful to some...

First of all, the following did not help: reinstalling VC-2015, cleaning
temp folders, multiple rebooting, multiple attempts on a fresh Qt tree.

Using nmake as you suggested is the way...
But if I run nnake for the 64bit config (x86), it fails indeed, with
this error:

.\arch.cpp: fatal error C1902: Program database manager mismatch; please check your installation

But if I run nnake for the 32bit config (x86), it works. And if I erase the arch binaries and then run nnake for the 64bit config (x86_amd64), it now works!
And with the arch.exe prebuilt like this, the rest of configure stge works,
and the full 64 bit Qt can be built later with success...

So, still a mystery, but I have a solution.

Philippe