[Interest] Keeping track of a QDialog position

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 22:23:59 CEST 2015

Hi again,

I've just play a little with

bool nativeEvent( const QByteArray & eventType, void * message, long *
result )

and it seems that Qt doesn't receive any events when window moves...

So, what can you do then?!

I don't know exactly, but I guess that without some low level code (on
Linux uses of some X11 functions) you can do nothing...

Am I right?

On 19.10.2015 22:36, Rollastre Prostrit wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am trying to keep track of the position of a QDialog as the user
> clicks on the title and moves it around the desktop. At most, the only
> thing I manage is to get a move event when the user releases the mouse.
> But I need to keep track of the position to perform some operations
> (somewhat like docking).
>
> After some research performed, I learned about the
> NonClientAreaMouseButtonPress, NonClientAreaMouseButtonRelease, and
> NonClientAreaMouseButtonMove events which I can play with and would
> suffice for my use case. But I'm not getting such events in Linux (KDE)
> so this solution seems to not be portable.
>
> Can anybody suggest any way to solve this?
>
> Thanks

Best Regards,
Igor Mironchik.