[Interest] Qt3d Support?

Paul Lemire paul.lemire at kdab.com
Tue Oct 20 12:56:16 CEST 2015

> > Subject: Re: [Interest] Qt3d Support?
> > Date: Tuesday 20 October 2015, 02:49:09
> > From: Jeremy <jswigart at gmail.com>
> > To: Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>, interest at qt-project.org
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > For anyone interested this is what I'm tinkering with
> > http://jswigart.github.io/game-analytics/
> >
> > I made the switch to Qt3d from an OSG based Qt render window and there's a
> > lot to like about what Qt3d has to offer from what I can tell, I'm just
> > running into some issues that I mentioned in previous posts that I haven't
> > quite figured out yet.

Hello Jeremy,

Which branch of the qt3d repository are you using ?

Right now we're mostly working on the 5.6 branch, a few issues that you've
encountered might have already been fixed.

> > [Interest] Qt3d QML Transform Problem
> > <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2015-October/019257.html>

What you are doing looks correct to me. Maybe doing a setProperty doesn't
trigger a notification signal when the property changes.

Could you verify that when you change the value of the positionX property from
C++ it triggers a positionXChanged signal. Simply adding an
onPositionXChanged: console.log("posXChanged")
on the Entity and
onTranslateChanged : console.log("translation " + translation)
on the Translate .

in the qml would be enough to verify this.

You can file a bug report and assign it to me otherwise.

> > [Interest] Qt3d Toggle mesh/entity visibility
> > <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2015-October/019259.html>

Setting the enabled flag on a QAbstractMesh component stops it from being
rendered. This was fixed only a few weeks ago (QTBUG-48630). You do not need to
handle it in your QAbstractMesh subclasses.

> > [Interest] Qt3d Custom Camera Control
> > <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2015-October/019253.html>

You've got two ways of doing so:
Either use a QCamera/Camera and call the tilt/pan/roll/rotate/translate using
a QKeyboardInput component.

Or have a QEntity with a QTransform { QLookAtTransform {} } and a QCameraLens
and do the same thing by modifying the properties on the QLookAtTransform

The Camera controller that is available by default uses hard coded keys. We
are actively working on that part and will later provided out of the box
camera controllers for 1st and 3rd person.

> > On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 9:38 PM Thiago Macieira
> > <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
> >
> > wrote:

You can join the #qt-3d irc channel and ask questions on here.