[Interest] A QThread question...

NoMercy nomercy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 11:48:08 CEST 2015

Hello everyone and thanks for you replies,

I've a rather advaced question about QThreads (well advanced to my
knowledge anyways)

I have a Windows service that runs under System user (naturally) but I want
to create and run a thread from within that service and change the token of
that thread so it runs in user evironment.

and to do so, I thought of something like this;
get QThread::currentThreadId -- Documentation says do not use it but?
get handle of that thread by OpenThread(threadID)
and use SetThreadToken to move thread to user space.

I'm using 4.8.6 btw

do you think it is possible?
is this approach safe?
would it be stable?
any possible implications?
if it works, would my main thread can still comunicate through
signals/slots?

Thanks