[Interest] Qt 5.5.0 WebEngine module with MSVC2010

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Oct 23 22:21:11 CEST 2015

On Friday 23 October 2015 18:35:22 Reinhardt Behm wrote:
> Wouldn't it not be a bit strange if a compiler from 2010 supported a
> standard from 2011? ;-)

No, not really. It's strange that a compiler from 2010 does *not* support
enough features of the standard that was then known as C++0x. The standard had
been in development for years, so the compiler authors were completely aware
of changes coming.

GCC started adding C++0x features in version 4.3. Version 4.5 was released in
2010 and had a lot features, though by no means complete. By 2012, with the
4.7 release, it was almost feature-complete.

And yet, when we discussed what C++11 features we'll allow in Qt 5.7, we came
to the conclusion that MSVC 2012 is the lowest common denominator.