[Interest] How to overcome QNetworkDiskCache limitation

Shantanu Tushar shaan7in at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 05:21:21 CET 2015

Hi Thiago,

In your experience what have people done when they have a custom
QNetworkAccessManager subclass whose objects are returned from a
QNetworkAccessManagerFactory? I see from an older post Gianluca made, that
is the exact use-case. Given that the latter's documentation mentions that
it must return a new instance every time, is reimplementing a cache from
scratch the only option? (given that QNetworkDiskCache mentions that it
won't work if its shared across multiple QNetworkAccessManager instances.

Thanks,

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 10:55 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com
> wrote:

> On Monday 19 October 2015 16:37:03 Gian Maxera wrote:
> > Hello,
> > the documentation says:
> >
> > "Currently you cannot share the same cache files with more than one disk
> > cache."
> >
> > What is the issue on sharing the same cache files ?
>
> The saving of cache files is not atomic and some information is kept in
> memory. So two disk caches would keep different states and possibly cause
> data
> corruption.
>
> > How can I overcome this limitation without rewriting from scratch a disk
> > cache ?
>
> Edit the Qt source code and modify QNetworkDiskCache.
> --

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
shantanu.io