[Interest] Qt 5.5.1 30% slower than Qt 5.5.1

Bernd Müller bernd.mueller at zoho.com
Sat Oct 24 21:21:20 CEST 2015

Hi there,

after further testing I'm not sure if its only an graphic issue. Because
a basic QWidget / QPainter test application did not show any slow down
with Qt 5.5.1. So it might be a deeper issue.

All I can say is that my application runs 30% slower with QT 5.5.1 than
with Qt 5.5.0.

So I downloaded both Qt versions again and made a clean install. And
after recompiling the Qt 5.5.0 and Qt 5.5.1 versions of my application
both ran slow !

So I checked the files from the new downloaded Qt 5.5.0 an saw that
there are new files in it: For instance Qt5Core.dll and Qt5Cored.dll are
from 23 October 2015 !

So I went back to the initial QT 5.5.0 release with Qt5Core.dll and
Qt5Cored.dll from date 11. August 2015. And the speed was there again !

There is definitely something wrong with the new Qt 5.5.1 release. But
I'm not an Qt expert to find out which Qt module does the slow down.