[Interest] Creating pdf with QTextDocument with chart

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Oct 26 15:24:48 CET 2015

The basic fall-back for this is to render the chart as an image.

I render PDFs with Qt, but I came up with my own framework. Basically, I using QPdfWriter it is possible to treat it as a widget, and have it lay itself out on the page too!
So what I so is I have several QWidget-derived classes that are positioned in the widget hierarchy, with spacers, properties, and constraints set just as a QWindow would, and have that go to the page. Each page is laid out this way, with QPdfWriter::newPage() called between them.

There is a bug in QPdfWriter though, where the font size needs to be manually scaled for logical DPI when using point sizes.