[Interest] QFile::size() and QTextStream::pos()

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 22:12:14 CET 2015

On 28.10.2015 23:56, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 October 2015 22:57:19 Igor Mironchik wrote:
>> Because of this sentence:
>>
>> Separator_* categories or certain code points from Other_Control category
>>
>> And I don't know how to understand this, especially _* in the sentence...
> It's a filename-style matching:
>
>      enum Category
>      {
>          Mark_NonSpacing,          //   Mn
>          Mark_SpacingCombining,    //   Mc
>          Mark_Enclosing,           //   Me
>
>          Number_DecimalDigit,      //   Nd
>          Number_Letter,            //   Nl
>          Number_Other,             //   No
>
>          Separator_Space,          //   Zs
>          Separator_Line,           //   Zl
>          Separator_Paragraph,      //   Zp
>
>          Other_Control,            //   Cc
>          Other_Format,             //   Cf
>          Other_Surrogate,          //   Cs
>          Other_PrivateUse,         //   Co
>          Other_NotAssigned,        //   Cn
>
>          Letter_Uppercase,         //   Lu
>          Letter_Lowercase,         //   Ll
>          Letter_Titlecase,         //   Lt
>          Letter_Modifier,          //   Lm
>          Letter_Other,             //   Lo
>
>          Punctuation_Connector,    //   Pc
>          Punctuation_Dash,         //   Pd
>          Punctuation_Open,         //   Ps
>          Punctuation_Close,        //   Pe
>          Punctuation_InitialQuote, //   Pi
>          Punctuation_FinalQuote,   //   Pf
>          Punctuation_Other,        //   Po
>
>          Symbol_Math,              //   Sm
>          Symbol_Currency,          //   Sc
>          Symbol_Modifier,          //   Sk
>          Symbol_Other              //   So
>      };

Thank you, guys. But this question doesn't matter for me more, because I
need to calculate line number in the file when reading. That mean that I
have to skip white spaces by hand...

But you pointed me to another very important question... What about some
function isLineEnding()? I can use Separator_Line to detect line ending
symbol. But how will be read \r\n - line ending on Windows (other OSes)
with QTextStream? Will be it one QChar or two different?

--
Best Regards,
Igor Mironchik.