[Interest] Memory leak problem in a Qt App

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Fri Oct 30 17:47:48 CET 2015

Thanks, I will definitely give it a try. Are these faster than memcheck?
Because the app is computationally intensive (the CPU is fully loaded) and
runs for days, so for memcheck I had to run on simpler cases in order to
make the memcheck run shorter than years... Which is not ideal.

I will also try dumping the process when it reaches several Gb, as in that
case most of the memory will be leaked buffers. Hex editing may give some
hints, unless the problem is heavy fragmentation.

Hi, there are valgrind massif and heaptrack  (https://github.com/KDE/