[Interest] Memory leak problem in a Qt App

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Fri Oct 30 18:51:55 CET 2015

>     Also, use techniques like QScopedPointer to simplify memory
>     management.
>

> All this was done, especially in the QThread / QSocket part. But the app is
> complex and something may have been left out.

I had a similar problem.
You need to look for places where "things" could accumulate.
Check your QLists and QMaps in addition to the QObject
parent/child model. I assume you know the top level QObjects.
Recursively visit all children and dump the tree, with indentation
and inspect.

Purify also has an option to show you all memory in use.
I assume that Valgrind has something similar.

Bill