[Interest] Qt 5.5 qmake problem

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 3 17:06:17 CEST 2015

On Thursday 03 September 2015 15:29:05 André Somers wrote:
> QMAKE_EXTRA_TARGETS=version
>
> OTHER_FILES=make_version.bat\
>
> make_version.sh
>

> This used to work great up to Qt 5.4.2. Now, we upgraded to Qt 5, and we
> see that the version file is no longer regenerated and recompiled. That
> is annoying to say the least. Did something change here that I missed?

Lots of things changed. The changelog for 5.5.0 contains:
   * A lot of quoting issues have been fixed. As a side effect, qmake
     has become more sensitive to over-quoted file names in project
     files.
   * qmake is now stricter about syntax errors in project files.

I don't see anything that would intentionally break your feature, so it's
probably a side-effect of something else.

One more note: your .pro file doesn't do anything. You created an extra target
that isn't used anywhere.