[Interest] How to improve Qt3D rendering for big mesh?

Bin Chen bchen at topcon.com
Thu Sep 10 06:15:15 CEST 2015

Hi, guys,

I am testing Qt3D to render a big triangle mesh,  >1000,000 triangles.
I put all triangles in one QAbstractMesh subclass and added to a QEntity, but it is very slow.
Then I separate these triangles into a quadtree and map them into a QEntity hierarchy. It became even slower and doesn’t seem to cull nodes:(

I am wondering if I need to compute a QEntity's bounding box myself so the framework can cull nodes accordingly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks very much.

Cheers.

Bin