[Interest] QComboBox popup is spanning to full screen height on Linux

Roland Winklmeier roland.m.winklmeier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 15:03:16 CEST 2015

Dear list,

I have a question about QComboBox on Linux with Qt 5.5.0. I have several
combo boxes in my application which have quite a lot entries in the model.
On Windows the popup looks nice and small displaying around 10 items and
the rest is accessible via the scroll bars, but on Linux the popup is
spanned over the full screen height. The following two links display what I
mean:

Normal Dialog with one QComboBox: http://ibin.co/2FAWv8FP26vH
QComboBox with Popup: http://ibin.co/2FAX6zpiWC19

Is there any chance I can reduze the size of the popup to a maximum size or
a maximum number of items? I have tried to set setMaxVisibleItems(5)
already but it is ignored. Maybe I missed something.

Regards,
R.