[Interest] Qt 5 Printer-specific options in QPrintDialog (Linux, CUPS)

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Fri Sep 11 14:37:18 CEST 2015

Hi John,

thank you very much for the quick reply.

On 2015-09-11 13:49, John Layt wrote:
> Yes, unfortunately it was a feature removed in Qt5 as the
> implementation was rather broken. The plan was to bring it back along
> with a proper print settings system and PPD downloading, but it's not
> something I've been able to get around to as yet, there's just no
> financial support for print related development so it's a spare time
> thing.

I also realized that there were several problems with this in Qt 4.
That's the main reason why I looked at the situation in Qt 5.
I was thinking about possibly working on some of the problems and
suggesting the patches upstream for Qt 5.
However, now that the functionality has been completely removed, the
situation has changed...

I estimate it quite a big issue in the migration to KDE 5/Qt 5 for us if
all those printer-specific options cannot be set any more.

In case we/I might consider contributing to a reimplementation:
Have you already started making thoughts of how to implement it or maybe
even started?
In case any resources are available (git branch,...) I would be very
glad to get more information.

Best regards,
Michael