[Interest] Qt 5.5.x

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Fri Sep 11 18:48:03 CEST 2015

Mr Weeks -> You were correct.

A dependency was touched. And that had a domino effect on untouched code.

So I created a new named build that did not have a custom build step
that affected the dependency and VOILA! -> efficient build.

Thanks for the responses.

Cheers,

md

On 9/11/2015 10:07 AM, John Weeks wrote:

>> On Sep 11, 2015, at 8:46 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>>
>>> But that is not the case, they both perform a complete recompile on code
>>> that was not touched.
>>
>> My guess is that you're wrong. Code was touched.
>
> Or a dependency was touched. If you touch a header file it will recompile all the .cpp files that include that header.
>
> If you're using precompiled headers and you touch one of the headers included in the precompiled headers, then it will re-build everything.
>
> -John Weeks

No spell checkers were harmed during the creation of this message.