[Interest] Loader refresh

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Mon Sep 14 17:02:28 CEST 2015

Bo:

Thanks for the response.

The only other areas that I can see needing a screen refresh are
ListView and Image (Imageprovider)

The Text QML object was shared as one example of "changing" after the
loader is when you swap out the language from English to Chinese to Arabic.

I think this is where we mis-understand each other.  What are my
Post-Loader options, not pre-loader.

The only way I can see now to "reload" using loader, but it is not very
smooth.

And the component cache will suppress the repeated loading of the same
QmlComponent object after 1 refresh.

So then you are really forced to make the QML stack see a new
Component so the loading is forced to take.  And that heavy handed
requirement causes quite a lot of screen flicker.

So I would chalk this up to the inability right now to force the QML
engine to Repaint itself.

Yes, I know, the rebuilding the Scene graph would be expensive, but that
is what I would like to do in a generic way instead of having to set the
text individually for each component (Since each one loads itself based
on Country Language)

Kind of a catch-22 for text objects based on displayed language.

Maybe Microsoft flickers when it changes its display language, so I will
just do the same.

Cheers,

md

--
No spell checkers were harmed during the creation of this message.