[Interest] Qt3D with .mtl?

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Tue Sep 15 08:19:20 CEST 2015

As Laszlo said, Mesh intentionally doesn't load in the material
properties from an mtl file. This is so that you can specify your own
Material. This is more flexible than the lighting models offered by mtl
files (traditional Phong model).

The SceneLoader generates a Mesh and a Material component by using
assimp to get hold of the properties.

Cheers,

Sean

On 11/09/2015 13:14, privet56 hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to embed an .obj file into my Qt5.5-Qt3D Scene.
> The result is strange, only the outline is visible, see:
> http://privet.bplaced.net/temp/objs.png
> (the "ball.obj" from the examples is working, see on the left side).
>
> However, the same .obj file is working with Three.js, see
> http://privet.bplaced.net/temp/objs_with_threejs.png
> (see on the top of the pic: I have an .obj file with an .mtl file and
> its 3 referenced textures)
>
> I recognized that none of the Qt3D examples contain *.mtl resources...
> Does Qt3D not (yet?) support .obj with .mtl files with references to
> the textures?
>
> Thx for a hint in Advance!

Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK
KDAB (UK) Ltd, a KDAB Group company
Tel. +44 (0)1625 809908; Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090
Mobile: +44 (0)7545 140604
KDAB - Qt Experts