[Interest] link error (and probably a dumb question)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:46:50 CEST 2015

Rainer Wiesenfarth wrote:

> I _think_ that the first command resolves references strictly ordered
> (Q55Sql first, then Qt5Core) while the second resolves them in common.
>
> In this case, using
>
>    ... -lQt5Sql -lQt5Core -lQt5Sql ...
>
> should solve the issue.

I started trying that, but didn't check all combinations yet. In any case,
-lQt5Sql -lQt5Core -lQt5Sql -lQt5Core
doesn't even reduce the number of errors.

I also think that modern linkers no longer have the limitation you refer to.

> Another guess: Does replacing "-lQt5Core.so" with "-lQt5Core" in the
> first command change the behavior?

OOps, that was an editing error (my actual paths are more convoluted). So that
actual command was -lQt5Core without the extension (which would fail with a "lib
not found" kind of error).