[Interest] Video Recording of QQuickView

Jérôme Godbout jerome at bodycad.com
Fri Sep 18 21:55:54 CEST 2015

Hi,
I have a built-in screen capture that use the QQuickView::grabWindow()
function inside my Qml application. I was wondering is there a way to
perform a video recording of the content?

Do I have to take many images and create a video manually or there's
something possible to generate a QMediaRecorder and somehow feed the
rendering of the QQuickView (probably a texture rendering).

I was also thinking if a fake QCamera could be created from a framebuffer
or the texture. That would be sweet to create a fake camera from the view,
this way the normal QtMultimedia modules could be used directly.

Any idea would be welcome on this.
Thanks,
Jerome