[Interest] Xcode 7 beta and Qt 5.5 ?

Michael R Nelson mnelson at sutron.com
Sat Sep 19 16:21:40 CEST 2015

I have similar issues as Robert, regardless of whether I use Qt Creator that came with Qt 5.5, or install and use Qt Creator 3.5. After new installs of Qt 5.5 and XCode 7 on clean machine, Qt Creator doesn’t create a compiler entry for iOS cross-compiler, does show a Qt Version entry for iOS but with the warning “not all possible target environments can be supported due to missing compilers”, and doesn’t create a Kit entry for iOS.

Here’s what I did to get things working enough to build for iOS: I created a new Compiler entry using “/usr/bin/clang++” for compiler path and “-arch armv7” for both flags entries, and then added a Kit entry to use this compiler and the existing iOS Qt Version, setting Sysroot to “/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS..sdk”. With this setup in place, I was able to build, but did receive link warnings about targeting iOS 5.1 vs. 5.1.1, apparently at different link stages. I made these go away by opening the XCode project file and setting minimum target to 6.0.

Liang Jian: did you also have to follow these or similar steps to configure Qt Creator 3.5, or did it “just work”?

If someone believes I’ve missed something or taken an inappropriate detour in my work-around, please let me know. I’m new to making these configurations myself, and appreciate the insight of others.

Mike