[Interest] Difference between QProcess::execute() and QProcess::start()

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Sep 20 20:02:00 CEST 2015

On Sunday 20 September 2015 18:16:50 Joachim Langenbach wrote:
> thanks for your hint. Actually i figured out, that the
> QProcess::waitForStarted() function isn't working with the php built in
> webserver. The PHP process is marked as started, but isn't up at that time.
> I  use a different method now to check whether it is running or not and
> everything is fine now.

If waitForStarted() failed, it means one of two system calls failed:

	chdir()
	execve()

Check whether you passed the correct path to QProcess. That's basically the
only thing that can cause a process to fail to start. Check the errorString()
value too.

If that isn't the case, run your application under strace -ff and check at the
beginning of the second file what it tried to do and failed.