[Interest] QT Webkit performance

Florin Maticu flmati at airtame.com
Mon Sep 21 16:34:57 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have recently compiled *qt5.6* with the configuration bellow:

*qt 5.6 configuration options*
./configure -v -opensource -arch arm -opengl es2 -egl -no-fontconfig
-confirm-license -debug -verbose -device imx6 -device-option
CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnu- -sysroot /home/fmaticu/sysroot
-optimized-qmake -reduce-exports -gstreamer 1.0

I have a simple browser that is using qtwebkit to display an url page.

I am using Methanol benchmark tool (https://github.com/szeged/methanol) for
testing the browser.

The browser is writing to the linux framebuffer. While running the tests I
have noticed that the cpu load is always higher than 50%.

How can I improve the performance of the QtWebkit, in terms of cpu load?

Is there support in the qtwebkit for GPU rendering?

Thank you,
Florin