[Interest] Installing Qt for Android Binaries without GUI

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:36:52 CEST 2015

> On Tuesday 22 September 2015 07:19:33 md at rpzdesign.com wrote:
>> Yes, write a bash script.
>
> Sorry, but I do not get your point.
>
> Actually, I am already writing a bash script but the problem is that I do not
> see a way to extract the precompiled binaries from the Qt for Android
> installer without opening a GUI window. The problem is that there is no
> documented --no-gui option or similar.

I don't know of such a switch either. Since the installer was produced
by QtIFW 2.x, I think you should be able to script it (using .qs
script and the installer framework scripting API), and also pass
-platform minimal to the installer to avoid requiring a GUI. I'm not
sure how to do that though, since the installer has some custom pages
that would need to be "clicked" past.

A switch that does all that for you would of course be best.

BTW, I can't find the QtIFW scripts that are used for the official Qt
installers, anyone know if they are hosted somewhere publicly?

Elvis

PS. To Andreas: Sorry for replying to you privately first. Was a mistake. DS.