[Interest] QApplication fails to start on release mode when using Qt as a backend of a plugin (Windows)

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Tue Sep 22 15:52:11 CEST 2015

Hi,

On QTBUG-48335 bug report Friedmann Kleint suggests to try with Qt 5.5.1
or 5.6 beta. I decided to give it a try with Qt 5.6 Alpha

I have downloaded Qt 5.6 alpha and compiled it from source statically.
Building the plugin gives me the followin errors. It used to compile on
Qt 5.5.

Does anyone knows how to sort this ones out?

Qt5Guid.lib(qevent.obj) : error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall
QInputMethodEvent::~QInputMethodEvent(void)"
(??1QInputMethodEvent@@UAE at XZ) already defined in
qwindowsd.lib(qwindowsinputcontext.obj)

Creating library debug\drc.lib and object debug\drc.exp

qmldbg_tcpd.lib(qtcpserverconnection.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol "public: void __thiscall
QQmlDebugServer::receiveMessage(class QByteArray const &)"
(?receiveMessage at QQmlDebugServer@@QAEXABVQByteArray@@@Z) referenced in
function "private: void __thiscall
QTcpServerConnection::readyRead(void)"
(?readyRead at QTcpServerConnection@@AAEXXZ)

qwindowsd.lib(qwindowsintegration.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol "public: virtual class QStringList __thiscall
QBasicFontDatabase::fallbacksForFamily(class QString const &,enum
QFont::Style,enum QFont::StyleHint,enum QChar::Script)const "
(?fallbacksForFamily at QBasicFontDatabase@@UBE?AVQStringList@@ABVQString@@W4Style at QFont@@W4StyleHint at 5@W4Script at QChar@@@Z)

qwindowsd.lib(qwindowswindow.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "public: static void __cdecl
QWindowSystemInterface::flushWindowSystemEvents(class QFlags<enum
QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>)"
(?flushWindowSystemEvents at QWindowSystemInterface@@SAXV?$QFlags at W4ProcessEventsFlag@QEventLoop@@@@@Z)
referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall
QWindowsWindow::handleWmPaint(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned
int,long)" (?handleWmPaint at QWindowsWindow@@QAE_NPAUHWND__@@IIJ at Z)

qwindowsd.lib(qwindowsscreen.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "public: static void __cdecl
QWindowSystemInterface::flushWindowSystemEvents(class QFlags<enum
QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>)"
(?flushWindowSystemEvents at QWindowSystemInterface@@SAXV?$QFlags at W4ProcessEventsFlag@QEventLoop@@@@@Z)

qwindowsd.lib(qwindowsfontengine.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol "public: static unsigned int __cdecl
QFontEngine::getTrueTypeGlyphIndex(unsigned char const *,unsigned int)"
(?getTrueTypeGlyphIndex at QFontEngine@@SAIPBEI at Z) referenced in function
"public: virtual unsigned int __thiscall
QWindowsFontEngine::glyphIndex(unsigned int)const "
(?glyphIndex at QWindowsFontEngine@@UBEII at Z)

Qt5Qmld.lib(qqmldebugconnector.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "struct QStaticPlugin const __cdecl
qt_static_plugin_QQmlDebugServerFactory(void)"
(?qt_static_plugin_QQmlDebugServerFactory@@YA?BUQStaticPlugin@@XZ)
referenced in function "public: __thiscall
StaticQQmlDebugServerFactoryPluginInstance::StaticQQmlDebugServerFactoryPluginInstance(void)"
(??0StaticQQmlDebugServerFactoryPluginInstance@@QAE at XZ)

Qt5Qmld.lib(qqmldebugconnector.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "struct QStaticPlugin const __cdecl
qt_static_plugin_QQmlInspectorServiceFactory(void)"
(?qt_static_plugin_QQmlInspectorServiceFactory@@YA?BUQStaticPlugin@@XZ)
referenced in function "public: __thiscall
StaticQQmlInspectorServiceFactoryPluginInstance::StaticQQmlInspectorServiceFactoryPluginInstance(void)"
(??0StaticQQmlInspectorServiceFactoryPluginInstance@@QAE at XZ)

Qt5Qmld.lib(qqmldebugconnector.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "struct QStaticPlugin const __cdecl
qt_static_plugin_QQmlProfilerServiceFactory(void)"
(?qt_static_plugin_QQmlProfilerServiceFactory@@YA?BUQStaticPlugin@@XZ)
referenced in function "public: __thiscall
StaticQQmlProfilerServiceFactoryPluginInstance::StaticQQmlProfilerServiceFactoryPluginInstance(void)"
(??0StaticQQmlProfilerServiceFactoryPluginInstance@@QAE at XZ)

Qt5Qmld.lib(qqmldebugconnector.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "struct QStaticPlugin const __cdecl
qt_static_plugin_QQmlDebuggerServiceFactory(void)"
(?qt_static_plugin_QQmlDebuggerServiceFactory@@YA?BUQStaticPlugin@@XZ)
referenced in function "public: __thiscall
StaticQQmlDebuggerServiceFactoryPluginInstance::StaticQQmlDebuggerServiceFactoryPluginInstance(void)"
(??0StaticQQmlDebuggerServiceFactoryPluginInstance@@QAE at XZ)

debug\drc.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals

Thx,

Nuno