[Interest] focus-follows-mouse

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 09:46:07 CEST 2015

On Wednesday September 23 2015 08:29:18 Tomasz Siekierda wrote:

>I think that is a behaviour specific to some window managers. Not sure if
>you can replicate it in Qt.

You may be right of course (which is why I asked :))

Just for the record, it is possible with native API calls on Mac OS X (which is where I'd like to implement the feature); if I'm right on how these calls are wrapped in Qt, something like

void enterMouse(QEvent *e)
{
	setFocus();
}

probably doesn't work only because setFocus() requires that the window be active (= to the front). Adding an activateWindow() before the setFocus() call  gives FFM, but with window raising.

R.