[Interest] Embedding help in an application - problem with CLucene cache

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Thu Sep 24 10:00:45 CEST 2015

Dear all,

We are currently integrating an offline help in our windows application
using QHelpEngine. The qch file is in the same folder than the executable.
When testing, it works well, and CLucene writes its index cache to a
subfolder of the help file folder.

When deploying with an installer, CLucene throws an exception and a Qt
Warning message is issued. I suppose that the library is trying to write
the index cache in the installation folder, which is not allowed at user
level.

I have seen that Assistant and QtCreator manage to make CLucene write the
index cache in the user home folder. Is it possible to tell CLucene the
folder for its index caches?

Thanks!