[Interest] Cannot source debug Android on Qt 5.5.1 RC snapshot?

Edward Sutton edward.sutton at subsite.com
Thu Sep 24 15:05:02 CEST 2015

Thank you, that was my issue.

On Sep 24, 2015, at 4:34 AM, Adrian Jäkel <aj at elane2k.com<mailto:aj at elane2k.com>> wrote:

*External Message - use caution*

Most probably you run into the problems with the recent android sdk. I think there is some fix pending: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-15032

I removed SDK 24.3.4 and all is good again.

-Ed

Regards

Am 23.09.2015 um 22:28 schrieb Edward Sutton:
What are things to check when Android source code debugging stops working?

I press debug run button then select my USB connected Android 5.1.1 device.

<Mail Attachment.png>

It deploys to my tablet without problem.  I can run it too.

When Launching Debugger progress bar completes, nothing happens.

Application Output reports debugging has started and finished.
Debugging starts
Debugging has finished

Compile Output:

Copying 308 dependencies from Qt into package.
3988 KB/s (17992039 bytes in 4.405s)
Installing Android package to device.
Running command "/Users/edward3/android/sdk/platform-tools/adb -s 08f513c6 install -r /Users/edward3/Documents/projects/build-tsr-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/android-build//bin/QtApp-debug.apk"
pkg: /data/local/tmp/QtApp-debug.apk
Success
Android package built successfully in 8.656 ms.
-- It can now be run from the selected device/emulator.
-- File: /Users/edward3/Documents/projects/build-tsr-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/android-build//bin/QtApp-debug.apk
15:18:38: The process "/Users/edward3/Qt5.5.1/5.5/android_armv7/bin/androiddeployqt" exited normally.
15:18:38: Pulling files necessary for debugging.
15:18:38: Package deploy: Running command "/Users/edward3/android/sdk/platform-tools/adb -s 08f513c6 pull /system/bin/app_process32 /Users/edward3/Documents/projects/build-tsr-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/app_process".
15:18:38: Package deploy: Running command "/Users/edward3/android/sdk/platform-tools/adb -s 08f513c6 pull /system/lib/libc.so /Users/edward3/Documents/projects/build-tsr-Android_for_armeabi_v7a_GCC_4_9_Qt_5_5_0-Debug/libc.so".
15:18:38: Elapsed time: 00:51.

Thanks,

-Ed

This email and any files transmitted with it from The Charles Machine Works, Inc. are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. Our company accepts no liability for the contents of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.