[Interest] Qt/D3D integration through ANGLE PBuffer

Andrew Knight andrew.knight at intopalo.com
Thu Sep 24 16:30:25 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 09/24/2015 05:15 PM, Thomas Sevaldrud wrote:
> This is great, thanks for very useful info!
>
> I'm not sure I understood Andew's part about rendering the Quick Scene
> graph, or I may have been a bit unclear when describing the problem.
> Basically I want to render a Qt Quick scene graph and some custom
> OpenGL graphics into a Direct3D control (D3DImage in WPF). What Andew
> suggests would be the other way around I think? I.e use a D3D texture
> in the scene graph? Or did I misunderstand?

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

> As Laszlo suggests I'll try using QQuickRenderControl to render my
> scene into the PBuffer/D3D texture, but I must admit I am a bit
> confused as to how this works too. For instance I'm not sure I
> understand how to set up the QML Engine so that it is associated with
> the QQuickRenderControl. In the QuickRenderControl example from Qt 5.5
> it appears that they set up the QML Engine in a QQuickWindow with an
> FBO as render target. In my case I need the EGL PBuffer as render
> target. How would I go about doing that?

You don't need the QOpenGLFramebufferObject in this case. As Laszlo
said, simply bind the pbuffer and it will become the current render
target. The scene graph will render to the pbuffer and you can use that
in your D3D scene as a normal texture.