[Interest] Qt 5.5 WinRT x64 VS2013 applications fail WACK Direct3D tests

Alexander Tkachenko atkachenko at live.ru
Thu Sep 24 15:20:09 CEST 2015

Hi Maurice,
Thank you for your reply!
If I'm correct, d3dcompiler_47.dll should not be included in Windows Store package at all because it is a Microsoft's digitally signed dll, which is already present in the OS. So, WinRT-restricted API calls in d3dcompiler_47.dll aren't actually a problem. I touched d3dcompiler_47.dll just to clarify that putting this dll did not help me to resolve the issue.
The problem is that even basic Qt 5.5 x64 WinRT QWidget application fails WACK tests. So, most likely Qt 5.5 x64 WinRT application could not be submitted to Windows Store.
I have installed Windows 8.1 SDK WACK instead of Windows 10 SDK's one: Direct3D feature level support - OK , but Trim() test is still failing.
Here are detailed steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Download Open Source version of Qt online installer from http://download.qt.io/official_releases/online_installers/qt-unified-windows-x86-online.exe and launch it;
2. Login into account and select Windows Runtime 8.1 x64 (MSVC2013);
3. Install it and create basic QWidget application File->New file or project->Qt Widgets Application->Select "Desktop Windows Runtime 8.1 x64" Kit->Enter the name->select QWidget as base class;
4. Go to .ui file, add Push Button, press go to clicked() slot and add QMessageBox::information(...)  there;
5. Build release and copy all needed file to separate folder, e.g. "test_wack":+ Assets    - logo_30x30.png   - logo_70x70.png   - logo_150x150.png   - logo_310x150.png   - logo_310x310.png   - logo_620x300.png   - logo_store.png+ platforms   - qwinrt.dll- AppxManifest.xml- libEGL.dll- libGLESv2.dll- Qt5Core.dll- Qt5Gui.dll- Qt5Widgets.dll- test_wack.exe;
6. Copy this folder to Windows 8.1 x64 PC and install the application by running in PowerShell (you should have a developer license installer otherwise run Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration and enter your developer account credentials) :PS C:\Windows\system32> cd C:\Users\test\Desktop\test_wackPS C:\Users\test\Desktop\test_wack> Add-AppxPackage -Register AppxManifest.xml
7. Launch the application to ensure that it's working. Test the button and see Metro style message box.
8. Install App Cert Kit (version 3.4) from 8.1 Windows SDK and test the application by pressing "Validate Windows Store App" buttonOverall result: FAILEDFAILED Direct3D Trim after Suspend
9. Install the latest Windows 10 SDK WACK (version 10) and perform the same test:Overall result: FAILEDFAILED Crashes and hangsFAILED Direct3D feature level supportFAILED Direct3D Trim after SuspendNote: After unchecking both Direct3D tests "Crashes and hangs" test is OK, so this crash or hang is connected to Direct3D tests.
As I mentioned in previous email, I have installed Digia's QuickForecast application from Windows Store and it passed all Windows 10 WACK tests. Is there a bug in Qt 5.5 or in QWidget for WinRT?
Am I missing something important? Is there any way to pass all WACK tests? Is passing all Direct3D tests by Qt application obligatory for submitting to Windows Store?
Any information is highly appreciated.
Best Regards,Alexander Tkachenko