[Interest] QCameraViewfinder & screen orientation changed on iOS

Igor Mironchik igor.mironchik at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:37:30 CEST 2015

Hi guys,

Does anybody have experience with displaying QCameraViewfinder on iOS?

I successfully display it, I see video from camera... But I have one
problem: when I rotate device my window trying to rotate and stopping in
the middle of this action. When I click somewhere on this screen then
layout correctly updates and everything looks correct but I don't
receive rotation anymore. If I don't display QCameraViewfinder then
rotation works fine.

Does anybody have experience with this problem?

What can I do?

How can I handle rotation events in Qt?

I tried to connect to QScreen::orientationChanged() and do some
workarounds but I don't receive this signal... I use
QGuiApplication::primaryScreen()...

Thank you.