[Interest] Setting current QOpenGLContext with an EGLContext

Agocs Laszlo laszlo.agocs at theqtcompany.com
Tue Sep 29 16:30:43 CEST 2015

Well, there’s no nice solution since QOffscreenSurface is backed by a window, not a pbuffer on Windows. (arguably this should be changed in some future release, for ANGLE at least, but that won’t help you now)

You can make a QOpenGLContext current with a QOffscreenSurface, then call eglMakeCurrent directly with the pbuffer surface and the  EGLContext you dig out from the QOpenGLContext. This way Qt’s tracking will be correct (when it comes to the current QOpenGLContext) too.

This is apparently exactly what you are doing already.

As for the multisample issues, it could be that multisampling is not supported for pbuffers. As a workaround you could render into an FBO with a multisample renderbuffer (assuming that’s supported) and then blit that into the default framebuffer (FBO 0) of the pbuffer surface.

BR,
Laszlo