[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Apr 3 21:00:43 CEST 2016

On domingo, 3 de abril de 2016 21:07:00 PDT Emre Besirik wrote:
> Do you also find it a littlebit unpleasent to code in QtCreator like me?
> Does Qt plan to do something about this?

It would be more constructive if you explained what your issues are and what
you findto be unpleasant. Without that, nothing is ever going to happen.

But I have to say I don't feel any unpleasantness. Qt Creator is the best IDE
I've ever used. There are some things I'd do differently, but that's all. I
also expect that's how most Qt developers and especially the Qt Creator
developers feel, so it's highly unlikely we'll do a complete change of
direction.

> Does / Can Qt officially support and write a plugin for CLion maybe?

You can.