[Interest] Available versions to QML import in older Qt releases?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:08:49 CEST 2016

Den 4 apr 2016 4:40 em skrev "Jason H" <jhihn at gmx.com>:

> > I'm working on a product based on Ubuntu 15.10, where Qt 5.4.1 is the
> > packaged version (I know a more recent Ubuntu is soon to be released,
> > and an LTS at that, but we're on this version for now).
> >
> > Is there an online way to find out which versions of packages I can
> > import from the QtQuick 2 that comes with 5.4.1, short of downloading
> > the offline documentation?
> >
> > Experimentally I've deduced that
> >
> > QtQuick 2.4
> > QtQuick.Window 2.2
> > QtQuick.Controls 1.3
> > QtQuick.Controls.Styles 1.3
> > QtQuick.Layouts 1.1
> >
> > are the versions available in 5.4.1 for the packages I'm using, but it
> > would be great if there was a way to look up/confirm this quickly.
> >
> > I know there's older Qt docs at http://doc.qt.io/archives/ , but it
> > only stretches one version back, to Qt 5.4.
>
> QtCreator seems to know what versions are installed, and suggests these
via auto-complete.

Ah, yes hadn't noticed that somehow, thanks. Now the problem is instead
stupid me who's developing on a laptop with 5.5.1 installed, when our
target machine, mounted in our prototype product downstairs, runs 5.4.1 :)
I should probably downgrade.

Elvis

> Hijacking this a bit, what is the behavior of imports when a later
version is present? What am I missing when my script does an import of a
previous version? Am I not getting bug fixes? It would be nice to know what
the deltas are between versions, as well as a wildcard for importing
whatever the latest and greatest is. Kind of like node's npm where you can
spec a version and anything after that version.