[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Curtis Mitch mitch.curtis at theqtcompany.com
Tue Apr 5 12:49:40 CEST 2016

> I’m sorry to say this but QtCreator is actually eons behind the current IDE trends and technology :(

> people are practically begging jetbrains to save themselves from QtCreator (no offense intended but this is the case for many people)

> And I think Qt Company should just get rid of the denial of the world start to see beyond horizon and do something, revolutionize QtCreator or just do something like Google did for android studio and embrace/deal with jetbrains ide and fork a CLion custimized for Qt development. I dont see any other way :(

Hahaaa! I especially like the “I don’t see any other way” part. Fantastic. Also, very, very cringe-worthy. Telling a company it’s in denial because it doesn’t fork your favourite IDE is... ridiculous. It sounds like you haven’t actually attempted to properly use Qt Creator (e.g. by saying that Locator “only searches for filenames”), and don’t intend on putting in any work yourself, even though it’s an open source project.