[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Tue Apr 5 15:39:39 CEST 2016

Op 05/04/2016 om 15:23 schreef NoMercy:

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Sylvain Pointeau
> <sylvain.pointeau at gmail.com <mailto:sylvain.pointeau at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     Why are you not able to use CLion? it is cmake based project, it
>     should work with Qt pretty well, shouldn't it?
>
>     Best regards,
>     Sylvain
>

> Yes I can but there are still a lot of missing things :(

So, may I conclude it is not all that brilliant after all then? If you
think CLion is better, use that. If you think Creator is suits your
needs better, use that. I don't care either way. If you use either but
see a feature in the other that you really like, contribute it or at
least file a suggestion for it to be added. Bitching in mailing lists
isn't going to have much effect.

General tip: most people won't take arguments such as "X is eons behind"
or "you are in denial" or you should seriously try product Y and if you
don't you don't know what you are talking about" (while they are pretty
happy with what they have) seriously. There are, eh, more effictive ways
to discuss and convince others.

André