[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Nye kshegunov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 15:56:26 CEST 2016

> I’m really thinking about it actually but I don’t want QtCreator
contributions to go in vein and I think it will come to a point where no
one will use it anymore in someday :(

Well, the thing is many people aren't so willing to switch IDEs they've
worked with for years, even if they admittedly have some small
bugs/deficiencies. You certainly haven't convinced me.

I don't care much for the C++11 and "everything is auto/lambda" development
technique, so I don't need the CLang code model and consequently my creator
is fast, stable and has no problem with completion. "Auto" confuses me as
much as any code model I suppose.

Refactoring is a fancy word for rewriting code, no? So basically you want
your IDE to write the methods' skeletons? I'm pretty sure that creator have
this although I don't use it. It seems quite faster for me to write it down
directly, utilizing hevaily(!) code completion; just works out of the box
for me and it's stable as hell.

So, finally why would I want to switch to a Java based IDE (I agree with
Nuno Santos on the point of Java)? It'd give me what exactly besides the
few months I have to invest in learning its tweaks, shortcuts (or remap
them) and behavior/UI? Sorry, man, your case is simply crumbling ...

Kind regards.