[Interest] [Qt3D] Camera controllers

Sean Harmer sh at theharmers.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 00:35:49 CEST 2016

On 05/04/2016 18:15, Andy wrote:
> The current Qt3D examples have two camera controller classes included
> in examples-common: QOrbitControl and QFirstPersonCameraController.
>
> Are there plans to add these to Qt3D as supported classes?

Yes, likely for 5.8. The examples gives us somewhere to iron out API and
features after some feedback. We will aim to provide some creator
templates for these too so users can easily add them to their projects
in the meantime.

>   Seems like most projects would benefit from having a couple of
> standard camera controllers like these.
>
> (Also, the names should probably be consistent - *Control vs *Controller.)

Agreed, should be QPanOrbitController or something and
QFirstPersonController.

Cheers,

Sean