[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Diego Iastrubni diegoiast at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:44:58 CEST 2016

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> > > Explain. Sounds intriguing.
> >
> > It's better shown than explained, see e.g.
> > http://i.stack.imgur.com/TMRK3.gif and
> >
> https://packagecontrol.io/readmes/img/d346da37ce3d306f23f960f2a103fbc0f4562
> > 034.gif for examples.
>
> Interesting. I'd have worked around the issue by selecting the block and
> telling Creator to replace "var " with "var _".

This feature is capable of doing more: each cursor you see on screen, has
it's own clipboard. What I usually use it for is:

1) take a CSV string and paste it into the editor
2) select, and inside the selection search for ","
3) create multiple cursors from the selections
4) press "del" - now list is line separated list.
5) now press control+left to select the previous word, copy it
6) press "up" and "paste"
7) now each line has the last word of the previous line.
8) now press "home" and type "<string>"
9) press "end" and type "</string>"
10) remember that undo works also on all cursors

Hard to explain in pure text... VIM users will tell you this is doable from
the editor since "ages", but it's not trivial to learn.

This is not trivial to implement in QTextEditor, since it has a single
QCursor (a deep dependency, which cannot be changed quite easily.  Or can
it...?