[Interest] qtWebsocket SSL question

"Alexander CarĂ´t" alexander_carot at gmx.net
Fri Apr 8 17:24:50 CEST 2016

Hello all,

I just started investigating websockets with Qt and now have a question regarding this example:

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebsockets-sslechoserver-example.html

I compiled it but encountered the issue of missing files:

RCC: Error in 'securesocketclient.qrc': Cannot find file 'localhost.cert'
make: *** [qrc_securesocketclient.cpp] Error 1

In securesocketclient.qrc the following files are required:

<!DOCTYPE RCC><RCC version="1.0">
<qresource>
    <file>localhost.cert</file>
    <file>localhost.key</file>
</qresource>
</RCC>

and I wonder how or where to generate them and since I have no experience with security and certificates etc. I'd appreciate any comment.

Thanks in advance,
best

Alex

--