[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Sat Apr 9 16:50:15 CEST 2016

El Wednesday 06 April 2016, André Somers escribió:
> Op 05/04/2016 om 22:47 schreef Alejandro Exojo:
> > El Tuesday 05 April 2016, André Somers escribió:
> >> That works, but it is not as flexible as what we see in those gifs. For
> >> instance, you cannot move the cursor left or right or make the same edit
> >> on multiple lines that are not vertically aligned.
> >
> > That's what you miss for not using FakeVim. ;-)
>
> That might very well be it. :-)
>
> So... the FakeVim can do that trick?

Yes. FakeVim implements the repeat command (.) quite well, and it also
implements the "search keyword under the cursor" (*). That means that
repeating such actions is typically:

*  (search that keyword)
<edit><Esc> (edit and get back to normal mode)
n.n.n.  (search again and do the previous edit)

There are tons of other variants. Of course FakeVim is not as nice as the real
vim because it doesn't have some of its extensibility, but obviously vim falls
short in many other things. I tend to use the two.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2