[Interest] Mac OS X Qt 5 QCoreApplication application crashes if linking with webenginewidgets

DAS Loop dasloop at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 10:18:33 CEST 2016

Hi,

While porting an app to Qt (Mac OS X SDK 10.11, QT 5.6) I have found a
problem. A console app (no GUI) crashes because it loads a dylib that links
with Qt WebEngine. The app never instantiates any object that uses Qt
WebEngine. The crash happen in QtWebEngineCore::initialize because it tries
to create a QOpenGLContext.

There is any way to disable this behaviour other that changing my app?

This sample reproduces the problem:

console.pro

TEMPLATE = app
TARGET = console