[Interest] Mac OS X Qt 5 QCoreApplication application crashes if linking with webenginewidgets

DAS Loop dasloop at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:15:34 CEST 2016

Thiago,

My application is not using QtWebEngineWidgets but loading (at run time) a
dylib that links with QtWebEngineWidgets. This external dylib never
instanciates a Web Engine component as the code is not activated when
running headless.

This external dylib can be changed into two libraries for each case and
load only the headless part.

However, the problem starts in a Qt library that creates a OpenGL context
even when it will not be use. Maybe this can be solved too.

Thanks,

David

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

> On terça-feira, 12 de abril de 2016 11:07:04 PDT DAS Loop wrote:
> > If the current Qt behaviour is acceptable, I will change the app. But I´m
> > not sure about that. QtWebEngineCore::initialize uses QCoreApplication.
> It
> > seems to me that it should work without a full QApplication.
>
> It doesn't. QtWebEngineWidgets requires a QApplication.
>
> The behaviour is intentional.
>
> --

ALT David in a Loop