[Interest] QML version of QRubberBand

Alexander Ivash elderorb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:09:21 CEST 2016

>> On 12 Apr 2016, at 22:36, Alexander Ivash <elderorb at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've made some experiments and got basic rubber band working using
>> additional QML Window. But the issue I confronted is that
>> transparency/opacity on Windows 7 (and Windows 10) seems to be broken.

> That may be the same as https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-52494

Yes, could be... But in my case behaviour is a bit different on Win7
and Windows 10.

If in my example I specify  'color: "transparent"' instead 'opacity:
0.2', then I'm getting black background (no transparencty/full
opacity) on Win7. If I use 'opacity: 0.2' then is works ok in Win7. As
for the Windows 10, opacity / transparency doesn't make any
difference. Picture gets corrupted as soon as I start resizing
rectangle.

By the way, is it planned to fix QTBUG-52494 for Qt 5.7 ? Are there
possible workarounds ?

Regards, Alexander